Enjoy a delightful weeknight dinner with our quick Chicken Penne Pasta with Bacon and Peas recipe that consists of a tasty mix of juicy chicken, crispy bacon, and perfectly cooked pasta in a white wine and tomato sauce, all ready in just 30 minutes.
Elevate your dinner with this easy Italian-inspired dish, perfect for busy evenings. Discover the joy of simple homemade Italian cuisine – a blend of convenience and deliciousness in every comforting bite. Say goodbye to bland dinners and savor a new favorite – try our Chicken Penne Pasta with Bacon and Peas tonight!
Chicken Penne Pasta with Bacon and Peas
- 1 lb. Penne
- 14 oz. Plum Tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Chicken Breasts diced
- 2 Bacon Slices chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Dry White Wine
- Pecorino Cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Basil Leaves for garnish, optional
- In a pot of boiling water, add salt and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- In the same pan, add diced chicken breasts. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add the garlic and onion. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Pour in white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Add diced tomatoes, frozen peas, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until peas are heated through.
- Toss in the cooked pasta and cooked bacon and mix well to combine with the sauce.
- Stir in grated Pecorino cheese until melted and well incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, garnished with fresh basil and more Pecorino cheese if desired.