While dining at an authentic Italian trattoria is a treat in itself, there’s nothing quite like recreating those flavors in the comfort of your own kitchen. This fettuccine with shrimp and spinach dish is as comforting as it is impressive.
This delicious meal combines succulent shrimp, a flavorful tomato and white wine sauce, and tender spinach over a bed of fettuccine. It’s perfect for a special dinner or anytime you want to enjoy a restaurant-quality dish at home.
Fettuccine with Shrimp and Spinach
This delicious meal combines succulent shrimp, a flavorful tomato and white wine sauce, and tender spinach over a bed of fettuccine. It's perfect for a special dinner or anytime you want to enjoy a restaurant-quality dish at home.
- 8 oz. Fettuccine
- 1 lb. Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. Spinach
- 1 lb. Cherry Tomatoes peeled
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay
- 1 tsp. Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prepare the Shrimp:
- In a large skillet, heat a large drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute per side, or until they turn pink and opaque.
- Pour in the white wine and let it simmer for about 1-2 minutes, allowing the alcohol to cook off and the sauce to reduce slightly.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
Cook the Fettuccine:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Prepare the Tomato Sauce:
- In the same skillet used for the shrimp, add a bit more olive oil if needed.
- Add the peeled cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, or until they start to soften and burst. Use a fork to gently mash some of the tomatoes to release their juices.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes.
Add the Spinach:
- Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it wilts down.
Combine the Dish:
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and stir to combine with the sauce and spinach.
- Add the drained fettuccine to the skillet and toss everything together, allowing the pasta to absorb the flavors of the sauce.
- Serve your Shrimp and Spinach Fettuccine hot, and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!