Indulge your taste buds with these delightful Ricotta Cookies topped with a zesty Lemon Glaze. The soft and pillowy texture of these cookies, enriched with the creamy goodness of fresh ricotta, is complemented perfectly by a sweet-tart lemon glaze.
With a touch of vanilla and a sprinkle of colorful toppings, these cookies are not only a joy to make but a treat for the senses. Perfect for sharing or savoring on your own, these Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze are sure to become a favorite in your repertoire of sweet treats. Create a batch of these delightful cookies to brighten up any occasion!
Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze
These ricotta cookies with lemon glaze are a delightful combination of softness from the ricotta, sweetness from the glaze, and a burst of citrusy flavor from the lemon. Perfect for any occasion!
For the Cookies:
- 4 oz. Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 8 oz. Ricotta
- 1-2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- pinch Salt
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 1/2 sups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Lemons juiced
- Sprinkles for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the room temperature butter and cane sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the creamed butter-sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the fresh ricotta and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Keep an eye on them to avoid over-baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and the juice of 1 lemon until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more sugar or lemon juice, if needed.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of each cookie. You can use a spoon or a piping bag for precision. Or you can dip the top of the cookies right onto the lemon glaze.
- While the glaze is still wet, sprinkle the cookies with your favorite sprinkles.
- Allow the glaze to set before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!