Artichoke Frittata is a delicious and savory Italian dish that is perfect for any meal of the day. This recipe combines the tender and flavorful artichokes with eggs and fontina cheese resulting in a mouth-watering frittata that is both hearty and satisfying.
This Artichoke Frittata is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as a light lunch or dinner. It is a great way to use up leftover vegetables, and the addition of artichokes adds a unique and delicious flavor to this classic Italian dish. Serve it warm or at room temperature, with a simple green salad on the side, for a satisfying and nutritious meal.
Artichoke frittata is a delicious and classic Italian dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 10 oz. Artichoke Hearts marinated in oil, drained
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Shallot diced
- 1 cup Fontina Cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Half and Half
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- handful Parsley chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, black pepper, and half and half cream until well combined. Add the fontina cheese and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the diced shallot. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chopped artichoke hearts to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the artichoke mixture in the skillet. Use a spatula to distribute the ingredients evenly. Lower to medium-low heat and cover the skillet with a lid. Let cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and place the skillet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the frittata is set in the center and the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the frittata cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!