These sweet and spicy honey pork chops are ready in about 20 minutes! A delicious dish to whip up quickly with a side of shishito peppers to enjoy.
You can also grill them on the BBQ with other veggies like zucchini or eggplant all at once for a quick summer BBQ meal.
Spicy Honey Pork Chops
These sweet and spicy honey pork chops are ready in about 20 minutes! A delicious dish to whip up quickly with a side of shishito peppers to enjoy on a summer day.
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Hot Pepper Flakes
- 2 Pork Chops
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the pork chops
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Shishito Peppers
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the shishito peppers
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the olive oil for the shishito peppers to a frying pan and heat over medium/low heat.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, mix the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, hot pepper flakes, and olive oil with a basting brush. Brush the mixture onto each side of the pork chops.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of honey onto one side of each pork chop and place that side down onto the grill pan. Let cook for 4-7 minutes. Add another 1/2 tablespoon onto the uncooked sides of the pork chops and flip over to cook for another 4-7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145°F/ 63°C.
- Meanwhile, add in the shishito peppers to the frying pan and fry for about 5-7 minutes, making sure to turn them to cook evenly. (Be careful, they like to pop!) Remove the shishito peppers from the oil and place on a paper towel lined dish. Sprinkle sea salt over them and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!