Braised Lemon Chicken with Olives is a classic dish that is simple to make yet full of flavor. This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves chicken and is looking for a new way to enjoy it. The combination of lemon and olives in the braising liquid gives the chicken a tangy, savory flavor that is hard to resist. The white wine adds a subtle richness to the sauce, which complements the chicken perfectly.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s a one-pan meal, which means easy cleanup. It’s also a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. You can serve it over rice, with risotto or with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce. Additionally, the braising technique used in this recipe ensures that the chicken is cooked to perfection and remains juicy and tender. This dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a special occasion meal. Try it out and you won’t be disappointed!
Braised Lemon Chicken With Olives
This flavorful and comforting dish of braised lemon chicken with olives is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a special occasion meal. The combination of lemon and olives in the braising liquid gives the chicken a tangy, savory flavor that is hard to resist.
- 4 Chicken Thighs bone in, skin on
- 3 Garlic Cloves halved
- 3 Shallots quartered
- 1/2 Lemon sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives or preferred olives
- 4 Thyme Sprigs
- 10 oz. Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- In a small pot, warm up the chicken stock over medium-low heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until golden browned, about 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and brown the other side for another 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another drizzle of olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the olives to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Return the chicken thighs to the skillet, skin-side up, and spoon some of the sauce over them. Add the sliced lemon and thyme sprigs to the skillet.
- Pour the chicken broth over the chicken thighs and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve the braised lemon chicken with olives hot, garnished with additional lemon slices and parsley, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!